Events after the reporting date
- FESCO PLC, the Group’s head company, celebrates its
140-yearanniversary in 2020. On 25 April 1880, the Moscowship heading from Odessa entered the Golden Horn Bay, thus giving a start to regular cargo and passenger voyages between the European part of Russia and its Far East. In honour of the anniversary, FESCO has purchased two thousand new 40-foot containers that have higher capacity of 28,800 kg (gross weight of up to 32,500 kg) and comply with the latest environmental regulations. They boast a special logo that was created to commemorate FESCO’s 140th anniversary.
- In January 2020, FESCO acquired 25% plus one share in Russkaya Troyka from Russian Railways, becoming the company’s sole shareholder. The deal was worth RUB 622 million.
- In February 2020, FESCO sold its 100% stake in the grain transportation operator Trans-Grain and a number of other grain-related assets in a deal that totalled RUB 4,391 million.
- In April 2020, FESCO added a new multi-purpose ice-class vessel to its fleet – bulk carrier FESCO ULISS. In July 2020, the Company acquired another ship – universal bulk carrier FESCO PARIS. Both vessels are built to an ice class, which enables them to navigate through polar seas.
- In May 2020, VMTP purchased a new Liebherr LPS 420 portal crane with the 124 tonne lifting capacity.
- In June 2020, Fitch revised FESCO’s credit rating upwards by four notches, from RD to CCC.